Back pain is so common that almost everyone will experience it at some point in their lives. However, there are varying causes and different degrees of back pain. If you experience moderate back pain, you may be able to use some natural remedies to help alleviate it.
Here are some natural ways to combat back pain:
- Clean up your diet: Eating healthier can help you to lose weight, which can relieve strain on your back. Try to eat foods containing omega-3 fatty acids such as salmon or walnuts because omega-3 is an anti-inflammatory.
- Stay hydrated: Drink lots of water as it could help reduce drying out or shrinking of discs from aging. Plus drinking enough water keeps your body functioning optimally.
- Try natural supplements: Vitamin B12 can help neuropathic pain and muscles to relax. Glucosamine is a supplement used to ease joint pain.
- Good posture: Sit up straight, shoulders back.
- Massage: A massage can help temporarily ease back pain.
- Get a new mattress: An old mattress can contribute to back pain. It does not keep your spine aligned and can strain your muscles.
- Walk it off: Unless you have a serious injury or diagnosed spinal or nerve injury, you should be able to do light exercise. Many people think that back pain means they should rest a lot. On the contrary, it is more helpful to do low-impact exercises such as walking.
Try some of the above suggestions as easy, conservative ways to manage your back pain. If your back pain continues, or if your back pain is so severe that it interferes with everyday life and activities, contact us. Or call our dedicated Medical Concierge at 800-890-1964 to learn more or set up an appointment.